Friday 2 September 2011

Have a Good Long Weekend!

We're staying in town this weekend and takin' it easy. If you're planning on doing the same, here are a couple things happening around Calgary that might tickle your fancy.
BBQ on the Bow is happening down at Eau Claire. Watch some local pit masters compete for Best Brisket, Ribs, Chicken, BBQ Sauce and more.
 
Photo: Wolf Leonhardt

 It looks like it's going to be prime rafting weather. Rent a raft from Lazy Day Raft Rentals. I've lived in Calgary for 7 years and I've never rafted the Bow. What an outrage! I think I might have to remedy that this weekend.


If you're up for a bit of a drive the Canmore Highland Games are on Sunday. Who doesn't love a good caber toss now and then?


If you do end up in Canmore, have lunch at the Iron Goat. Their duck wings are what dreams are made of. I'm heading out there next weekend and I'm already salivating.

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you have a great long weekend! See you Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment