Thursday 17 November 2011

Christmas Baking- Magic Cookie Bars

You might also know these as Seven Layer Bars (although, I only count five). By any name, they are incredibly easy and always get rave reviews. Doesn't everything involving condensed milk?




Magic Cookie Bars

3/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 1/3 c. chocolate chips - I prefer milk chocolate, but any kind will do
1 1/3 c. pecans
1 1/3 c. sweetened coconut
300 mL sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix graham crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9x13 pan. Spread chocolate chips evenly over the crust. Layer pecans and coconut on top. Pour condensed milk evenly on top of the mixture. It's ok if there are a few uncovered parts. Bake for 25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I came across your blog while reading the Toque Girls and now read it regularly. I just about fell off my chair when I saw your post for Magic Cookie Bars. My childhood best friend's mom used to make them and I've been searching for a recipe for ages. Thank you! I can't wait to make (and eat) them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete