Tuesday 15 November 2011

To Market With Leo

Usually, when I go to the Asian Supermarket I leave with the same things: milk bread, pork buns and tea. Anything outside of those three items and I'm totally lost so I asked my friend Leo to help. After an exciting game of "Would You Eat That?" Leo helped me navigate the market and stock up on some Asian cooking essentials.

Would you eat that?

Probably not

Hot dog flavored chips? Maybe

One of his essentials was this Korean BBQ sauce. This stuff is amazing. I bought the small bottle and after using it once, I knew I should've gone for the big one. Cut up some steak and marinate in this for a day or so and throw it on your BBQ griddle. Tip: before cutting meat, throw it in the freezer for a bit. It makes it easier to cut into strips.



For a super fast and easy dinner I make broccoli slaw using this dressing:

Broccoli Slaw with Peanut Dressing

3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2.5 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
1.5 tbsp soya sauce
1.5 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp grated ginger root
1 clove grated garlic
dried cranberries (optional)

1 bag of broccoli slaw (shredded cabbage would work too)

Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the broccoli slaw. Add dried cranberries and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment