Tuesday 7 February 2012

30 Day Yoga Challenge- It's Over!

Hooray!

This morning was my last practice in my 30 day yoga challenge. I actually really enjoyed the whole thing, but I'm looking forward to having some free time again.

What I learned is that when you do yoga every day for 30 days, you actually start to understand what all those dedicated yogis are talking about. You stop worrying so much about what the people around you are doing. You learn to let go of your ego and actually listen to your body. Before, I would always push myself into postures, but when daily practice for the foreseeable future looms ahead of you, it's smarter to take it easy and do things properly. After the first week, I stopped getting so frustrated. I can can hardly remember the last time I rolled my eyes at the instructor and quietly uttered profanity when they said "Let's get ready for our millionth runner's lunge."

I get it. I get why people do this. I understand the benefits of it and I think I'll stick with it (after a couple days off, of course). Just let me know if I start sounding like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment