Tuesday 17 July 2012

Eagle Creek Farms CSA

Last Wednesday, (and not a moment too soon) I picked up our very first share of veggies from Eagle Creek Farms. We signed up for a half share that we pick up every week until mid-September.

The first one included potatoes, garlic scapes, a bag of mixed greens, radishes, a hot chile plant and a bunch of flowers.
This was my first experience with garlic scapes and I'm totally obsessed with them now. They have a mild garlic flavor and a texture that's similar to asparagus. I sauteed them in some bacon fat and added them to our egg sandwiches on Saturday. I've pretty much been using them as a garlic substitute ever since. I'll also have a yummy salad using the radishes for tomorrow's post.
Eagle Creek also does an egg share and have recently teamed up with Country Thyme for chicken, duck and turkey shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment