Monday 21 January 2013

Ahh the Weekend- Rediscovering Edmonton

A couple weeks ago I was invited to Edmonton for a tasting of a few of Wine Spectator's top 100 Wines of 2012. I haven't spent an extended amount of time in that city for a while, but with my cousin, Stevii, as my guide, I discovered some of the awesome places I have been missing.

We shopped on 124th St. where I fell in love with pretty much everything at Shades of Gray. Specifically, this Greylin dress:

After picking up cheese at Paddy's, we checked into the Matrix hotel for a little pre-dinner rest and snack. We met my cousin, Sonja and Auntie Gloria, for dinner at the new Canteen. The food was delicious! I had the butternut squash ravioli with brussels sprouts and duck confit. After plenty of wine and many laughs, we called it a night.

The next morning, knowing that we'd need something to soak up that excess vino, Stevii took me to the super cute diner, Sugarbowl. We both had to indulge in the ultimate hangover cure: chicken and waffles. I'm still dreaming of that maple butter!


Tip: get there early. At the ungodly hour of 8:30am, the place was already packed!

Thanks for being my guide, Stevii! I can't wait  to head back to YEG.


No comments:

Post a Comment