Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bannock

First, let me start by saying that bannock has little to no nutritional value, but on a Saturday morning with a fresh cup of coffee, it has a whole lot of happiness value and that's just as important.

Bannock was always a childhood treat and a comfort food for me and my siblings. When my brother sent me a photo of him making it for his family, I cursed his name out of jealousy and decided to whip up a batch for myself.




Bannock
2 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. water

In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Cut in the butter, add water, and knead into a ball. Lightly grease a cast iron skillet or frying pan. Cook on low-medium until brown. Flip and cook the other side until done in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment