Thursday 4 September 2014

Nova Scotia

People have asked me what my favorite part of our trip was and it's tough to say. Even though I loved the whole thing, I really loved Nova Scotia. Halifax is such a great city- very chill with lots of cool restaurants and bars, the Annapolis Valley is stunning and full of wineries, the South Shore is how I picture the Maritimes in my mind with all its gorgeous little waterfront towns and boats everywhere. Ugh. Take me back!



The best part was getting to spend time with Dori. We always see her at one point or another during the year, but getting to spend a week with her, just me and and Eric? It was pretty awesome. She'd give us tips on what to see and do while she was at work and take us to the coolest, non-tourist places when she wasn't.










A few details:

  • I had the best dark and stormy of my life at Field Guide. We also had a great meal at Brooklyn Warehouse and cocktails at Lion and Bright. Every morning, we'd walk down to the harbour for coffee and croissants the size of your head at Two if by Sea.
  • It's totally touristy, but I really loved Lunenburg. I wanted to buy everything at this cute little shop called Dots and Loops. Everything in the store is either locally or Canadian made.
  • Halifax has a bunch of amazing lakes in and around the city that are great for a day suntanning and swimming. I had no idea! It definitely has Calgary beat in that aspect.

That's our whole trip! We had such a great time. If you ever get the chance, visit the east coast of our incredible country. You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment