Friday 5 December 2014

Local Gift Guide- Kidlets

Both of our families have agreed to only buy Christmas gifts for the kiddos. I have a hard time balancing wanting to be the cool aunt with not wanting to buy them more stuff that they won't use. I prefer to buy them an experience or something that I would've cherished as a kid. Here are a couple of ideas.


Books- everyone got a book from us this year. I still have my favorite childhood stories in a bin somewhere. We have a great book and toy store by our house called Monkey Shines. I also love Pages on Kensington and Shelf Life Books.

Blue Sunshine Dream Catcher- I've always been kind of a scaredy cat when it comes to bed time. It's totally ridiculous, but as soon as my head hits the pillow, my imagination runs wild. As a kid, I took comfort in knowing that my little dream catcher would keep the nightmares away. Calgarian Stephanie Nigh makes these beautiful catchers. They'd look gorgeous above the bed and there plenty of colors to choose from. Check them out on etsy.

Blocks- Simple toys are always the best. It helps that these blocks are nice to look at! Available at the Uncommons.

An Experience- This is my preferred gift for my nieces and nephews. I like to get them tickets to Butterfield Acres, the Zoo, theatre, the Science Centre or a Hitmen game. I like the fact that they're getting a memory instead of just another thing.

I hope these gift guides have been helpful. Good luck with your Christmas shopping and have a great weekend!

1 comment: